Parwich Parish Council

Serving the people in the Parish of Parwich

Parwich Memorial Hall

Clerk RFO: Mr Andrew Martin
Fernlea, , Parwich, Ashbourne
Derbyshire DE6 1QJ

Tel: 01335 216238

Pond dredging tender

Invitation to tender for dredging of ponds in Parwich.

In order to maintain the flow of water through the Jubilee Pond to improve its appearance a quotation is requested for removal and disposal of vegetation and accumulated debris.

Jubilee Pond

  • Plant matter to be removed from the body the pond and the bank adjacent to the road.
  • Material removed should be left by the bank for at least one week but no more than two weeks to allow wildlife to return to the pond.
  • Proposals to remove material either mechanically or by hand will be considered.
  • Ornamental planting by the dedication stone should not be uprooted but can be trimmed back to improve its appearance.
  • Vehicle access to the pond is available across a short stretch of grass from the road. Care should be taken to minimise damage to the grass.
  • All material removed must be disposed of.
  • Water and drainage pipes may be exposed while clearing the pond. The contractor is responsible for determining their location and ensuring that they are not damaged. Any damage not made good by the contractor may result in payment being delayed and/or reduced to facilitate its repair.

The location of the pond is shown on the map below.


order to help you to respond to this request please see the photographs below.


If you would like to quote for this work please use the link to the form below.

Pond dredging tender input form

The tender may be closed at any time that sufficient responses have been received but not later than the 30th April. Quotations will be evaluated during early May. The choice of contractor should be confirmed no later than at the a Parish Council Meeting on the 16th May. Should you be successful you will be asked to confirm the details from the form below in writing. If you are unsuccessful you will be notified.

If you have any further questions please contact the Clerk.